A Work Capacity Evaluation (WCE) is an objective, comprehensive evaluation of an individual who, due to an injury, health condition or disability, is demonstrating restriction in their functional and occupational capacity for work.
What the service offers:
- A combined evaluation of an individual’s functional capacity and transferable skills.
- It determines safe, suitable and sustainable vocational options for the individual and identifies goal orientated, vocational rehabilitation recommendations.
- It considers an individual’s:
- Current medical/clinical status
- Functional capacity for work
- Work skills
- Previous employment and educational history
- Work aptitudes and interests
Who is the service for?
Ideal for individuals who are unable to return to their pre-injury/condition job role and who require specialist advice to define and establish alternative job options that match their functional and occupational profile.
How is the service delivered?
- Entails two sessions with the individual, carried out by an occupational therapist, who is an accredited Functional Capacity Evaluator, and an experienced vocational consultant.
- One concise report is developed, combining the findings of both evaluators, to establish suitable alternative job roles and give vocational rehabilitation recommendations for facilitating a safe and sustainable return to work.
The job of the Evaluator
- The Occupational Therapist uses clinical interview techniques and observes and measures physical, cognitive and/or mental health function.
- The Vocational Consultant uses interview techniques to explore occupational skills aptitudes and interests and researches the local labour market.
- Three job options will be identified by the Vocational Consultant which will be matched to the demonstrated function capacity by the Occupational Therapist.
The job of the Evaluator
To arrange a Work Capacity Evaluation, you can instruct us by the contact details below or by completing the Refer a Case form.
Refer a Case
To refer a case, please select the referral type you require and the appropriate form will be displayed for completion.
If the mandatory information is not know, please add ‘n/a’ into the respective field.
An automated acknowledge will be issued following a successful submission. If you do not receive an automatic acknowledgement, please call 01698 207 755 to confirm that the referral has been received.
Type of Referral
Proclaim Care - Rehabilitation Specialists
Obair Associates - Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists
Please select a form