This entails a comprehensive and objective evaluation of an individual’s hand and upper limb function from a biopsychosocial and vocational perspective. The evaluation determines rehabilitation potential for a sessional hand therapy programme aimed at improving function for work and activities of daily living (ADL).
What the service offers:
- An objective evaluation of the hand and upper limb.
- Carried out by an occupational therapist (OT) with specialist expertise.
- Determines rehabilitation potential to improve function.
- Identifies specific goals, interventions and a plan aimed at the restoration of function and aids and adaptations if required.
- A sessional programme of therapy focused on improving function; optimising workability; pain management and self-efficacy.
- Vocational rehabilitation recommendations for those unlikely to return to their previous role.
Who is the service for?
- An individual who has sustained a hand or upper limb injury, who is struggling or unable to undertake ADL or work.
- Limited client belief in rehabilitation potential.
- Limitation in movement, strength and sensibility.
- Demonstrates psychological impact.
How is the service delivered?
- The evaluation is carried out face-to-face or by virtual means.
- The evaluation and session are offered throughout the United Kingdom in the individual’s home or a suitable local clinic.
- For appropriate cases, the evaluation and sessions can be delivered virtually by the OT.
The job of the Evaluator
- Structure an evaluation based on the referral questions.
- Use clinical interview techniques, observe and objectively measure function and match to ADL or work demands.
- Deliver findings in a concise report quantifying capacity, limitations and rehabilitation potential.
- Prepare a rehabilitation plan with agreed goals.
How to refer a case
To arrange a Hand and Upper Limb Evaluation, you can instruct us by the contact details below or by completing the Refer a Case form.
Refer a Case
To refer a case, please select the referral type you require and the appropriate form will be displayed for completion.
If the mandatory information is not know, please add ‘n/a’ into the respective field.
An automated acknowledge will be issued following a successful submission. If you do not receive an automatic acknowledgement, please call 01698 207 755 to confirm that the referral has been received.
Type of Referral
Proclaim Care - Rehabilitation Specialists
Obair Associates - Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists
Please select a form